John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My p4000 won't turn on. I've been fighting this while. When

Customer Question

My p4000 won't turn on. I've been fighting this for a while. When I plug it in the fans start just a little. I press the bottom button and nothing. I've tested the fuse and theirs continuity across it.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The stove is from Bell and is a wood pellet stove.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

If you have used the stove for over a year, it's likely that the fan motor shaft bearings lubrication has dried out. If that's the case, you need to relubricate the shaft bearings. Use 30 weight motor oil in an oiler can with a flexible spout.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've replaced both the combustion and convection motors. The stove won't even start. I don't get any lights or anything. It ran 2 days ago after replacing the convection motor and when I checked on it the next morning it hadn't run much but was sitting with a #2 alarm. Now it won't start up at all.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry to say that all I get, when I try to get information from the company website, is a black screen. I'll continue to try, and get back to you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Darn auto-correct. The stove is from Breckwell not Bell.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

I'm probably telling you something you already know. There are 10 reasons listed in the owners manual for the control board locking out and displaying the flashing #2. If you go to www.breckwell.com, choose your model number from the list, and click on "troubleshoot", you'll find the list of conditions and the ways to resolve your issue. I hope, for your sake, it's a wire loose. The replacement controller is over $400.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just figured it out. It's not the board. I went through the list on the website already.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I see a lot of people have this problem when I look on line for an answer.