Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The machine fills but won't start the agitation cycle

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

Does the washer spin on the spin cycle?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no not at all. Are you going to try to give me some help? Or some suggestions.

sure I will, was waiting on your reply to the question so I can help you troubleshoot the issue give me one sec getting some stuff together for you now to check out, thanks.

first thing you want to do is check that the lid switch is working properly here is a video showing how to take the washer apart to get to the lid switch, you can by pass the lid switch to see if that is the issue by following the video linked below:

by pass lid switch - click here

Then if that is not the problem you will want to check the drive coupling on the unit below is a video to show you how to get to the coupling to check it also make sure to check the pump while you have it apart to make sure there is nothing in the pump keeping it from turning because that can also lock up the motor:

video - click here

one of those two repairs will probably be the issue if not let me know, thanks.

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.