John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My name is ***** *****. the samsung refrain i have the water

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****. the samsung refrain i have the water won't dispense , the ice works but the water won't i am thinking it is the switch
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: rf4287hars is the model , how hard is it to change the switch in the front panel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am cooking dinner , I will check back later tonight , i would like to try and do it myself so i will check in with you later if you can guide me through it
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** no one has responded to you sooner.

Do you happen to have a multi meter? I am want to see if you have a bad water valve located on the back of the unit.

Unfortunately you more likely have a bad dispenser lever assembly. I see this problem quite often.