Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Model number GE Profile PSH25MSTA-SV (model #). I have had 3

Customer Question

Model number GE Profile PSH25MSTA-SV (model #). I have had 3 sears technicians and one independent. One added I think a cooling agent, teflon I think (using a small tank) and one changed the mother board. It still not hold refrigeration as cold as it should be.
The freezer seems to be okay but not the refrigerator. The last technician said I need to just replace the refrigerator and left. I am a 68 year old woman living alone and would like to know is there anything I can do to repair. I love this refrigerator. My e-mail address is***@******.*** and my number is(###) ###-#### Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

How cold is the refrigerator temps?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Around 44. I do not want to subscribe on a monthly basis. I only needed your advice on this one particular issue. Please do not put me on a monthly charge. I agree only to pay for this one time assistance.

Does the unit ever shut off and what freezer temps are you seeing, this is a one time question also.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has never cut off. Currently the refrigerator reads 44 and the freezer reads 18. Both side temperatures fluctuate a couple of degrees.

Yes the unit is either low on freon or the compressor is not pumping correctly. More than likely it is still very low on freon.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks