bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

My freezer is not properly defrosting the coils. I defrosted

Customer Question

My freezer is not properly defrosting the coils. I defrosted it manually about four days ago and it is already iced over heavily. Today I forwarded the defrost timer to the defrost stage and 30 minutes later I can see the heater came on and melted a good amount of ice. So which part is faulty?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Almost sure to be the defrost timer but the way to check is to take a marker pen and mark up the outside shaft and half a day or so later recheck and see if the two marks still line up. If they do then the defrost timer is faulty, if it has moved they you will have to check that the contacts (usually marked on the timer itself) are actually closing/opening as you turn the timer shaft. - Ian