Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

I have a new whirlpool dishwasher model WDF540PADB2. It

Customer Question

I have a new whirlpool dishwasher model WDF540PADB2. It washes the dishes fine, but won't drain. I have checked all of the potential problems listed in the book and there is nothing wrong with the installation (which I did myself) that I can determine. It replaced another unit which drained fine, so there is no blockage into the disposal or kinks in the hose. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Goodmorning my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with this issue .first question is the disposal new or was there already a dishwasher in the cabinet working fine

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Disposal is new. Old one had a leak in the bottom, but was working fine.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Ok the new disposal has a plug that you must punch out where the drain hose connects or machine will not drain has that been done as it sounds to very well be the problem can you please check and let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My mistake. The dishwasher is new, the disposal was already installed, and working fine. The drain to the disposal is exactly 18" above the subfloor, and the new drain hose is looped above it to the bottom of the sink.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Ok so the plug in the disposal is open water eas cominv through in the past also where the drainhose goes into the disposal is that hose kinked the black rubber on the end of that hose doesnt take much for it to bend and block the water if all of that is clear then there has to be somethin in the hose or the pump propeller causing blockage get a buckwt face drain hose in it then run a drain if no water runs out o if it trickles out then blockage is in the drainpump area. .machine has a 1 yr warranty so if the pump is bad they will replace it free of charge

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. Thanks.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Please rate me on my help as thats how i get paid thank you good luck