Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a front loading GE washing machine. It will go

Customer Question

I have a front loading GE washing machine. It will go through the wash cycle then sit for about 10 minutes and stop the cycle and begin blinking. If I push the start button again it will resume with no problem. It will drain and go to the next cycle and stop again. I push start and it goes to the next cycle etc... The drain pump works just fine?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Model # ***** *****
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 10 months ago.

If it detects a "no drain " or "slow drain " is one reason it could do this. Check the drain filter for debris to see if that's the problem

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have gone through all of that. I removed the drain assembly and checked it and all is clear. When draining all water is removed completely. As I said above all is good it just sits there. After a while it will unlock the door and the start button will blink. If you start it again the cycle will pick up where it left off and continue on with no issues. It will get to the next cycle drain all of the water and do the same thing.

Need to see if there are any error codes stored in memory. To do so - while the unit is idle ( a blank screen ) press in order EXTRA RINSE , DELAY START, EXTRA RINSE, DELAY START, EXTRA RINSE , DELAY START. Now hit START/PAUSE and see if any error codes appear . Turn the knob to see if there are more than one. Then hit the POWER button to return to the service mode screen. Hit POWER again and it will exit the service mode. Get back with results of this. Error codes are displayed with an E followed by a number.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
10-4, I will have to try that tonight and get back to you tomorrow.

OK I'll look for your response.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I found error code 07,08,11

E7 (not 07 , no error codes start with 0 ) is Slow Fill E8 means drain problem and E11 means door lock assembly problems. These are not making sense .. You need to clear all the error codes , then run the washer , then check the error codes again , so we get the latest error code. To clear the error codes go back into diagnostics , like I just explained previously and when it shows error codes hit Start/Pause to clear each error code ( turn the knob ) j and when all are cleared hit the Power to exit servce mode and then run the washer in a normal cycle . When done , get back into service mode and hopefully we get just ONE error code _ the latest problem the washer detected.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
After clearing and running again the only code was E7.

Slow fill. Take both the hot and cold hoses off the washer and hold in a bucket . Open the wall faucets - do you get a good flow of water from both ? If you do - look inside the connection where the hoses mate . There are screens in there . Remove them with a needle nose pliers and see if they are clogged.

Checking back - what have you found on this procedure ? Washer working yet ?