Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My name is ***** *****. I accidently put Dawn in the

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I accidently put Dawn in the dispenser for jet dry. I am trying to find out how to get it out.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well it is a Jenn Air Dishwasher. I filled the dispenser with dawn soap instead of jet dry. I cant figure out how to get it out of the dispenser. I have not run the dishwasher yet
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I'm willing to wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help. This problem will have a two correction. The dispenser will need to be replaced because trying to clean and dilute the detergent will not be possible. To cut the suds in the dishwasher you need to put in cooking oil. Start with a 1/2 cup and add more if needed. Before the dishwasher runs very long you need to block the outlet of the rinse aid dispenser until it is replaced. Is replacing the dispenser something you want to try yourself?

Hello, do you still need help?