Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have GE Monogram 36" range/oven. The oven is shutting off

Customer Question

Hi, I have GE Monogram 36" range/oven. The oven is shutting off with an F9 code. The cooling fan never initiates. If I close the sail switch, the oven stays on with no F9 code. The cooling fan never initiates but I removed it and put power to the high and low speed and both work. What is failing to supply power to the cooling fan and how do I find it? Regards, Greg
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F9 means that your oven thinks the oven door latch isn't in the correct position. Try to open the door and wiggle the door latch hook to see if it's just jammed. Reset power to the oven and if the issue comes back, the door latch assembly would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to the GE manual for this stove, it's a cooling fan issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you read my reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've only got today free to deal with this. If you guys can't help me today and soon, I'll need to cancel this.