Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ge model gg48t06axk0 pilot will not stay lit have tested the

Customer Question

Ge model gg48t06axk0 pilot will not stay lit have tested the thermocouple is putting out approximately 20 mV after 1 minute could it be the gas control valve has gone bad it was built in March 2013 and purchased in August of the same year
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

The gas control may be bad but the thermocouple should put out near 30MV and you really should have a load testing thermocouple tester. I would try a new thermocouple first then if that does not work replace the valve.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks