John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dryer sensing light is on and will not shut off and now

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** My dryer sensing light is on and will not shut off and now the dryer will not start. How can I check what part I need to order
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It will not start and the sensing light on the panel is illuminated. model # ***** Serial # ***** Duet Whirlpool Dryer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I Can wait do you have an estimate of how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: Will you be able to help me order the part and send me a diagram or info to replace part?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Do you hear a click when you press Start?