Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Working on my Dexter T400 30# 6-cycle coin op washing

Customer Question

Working on my Dexter T400 30# ***** coin op washing machine. All cycles work except the two spin cycles (one before rinse and then final extraction). I can see that the spin switch works, but motor does not go into spin. Can I check spin cycle? Could it be spin capacitor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The machine will not spin if the water has not drained or if the door is not showing locked. Is the water draining okay? Any error codes being displayed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Water drains and no codes showing. I switched switch solenoid from working machine - no change in either machine. Swapped switch capacitors and neither machine will work but each motor seems to 'hum' without movement.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is pretty odd. Can you manually turn the tub? Have you verified proper input voltage to the machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to both.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I have a limited knowledge of those machines. I am going to place your question back to the list for others to see. Perhaps another is more familiar with them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you