John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The icemaker in my KitchenAid (aWhirlpool) refrigerator

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. The icemaker in my KitchenAid (aWhirlpool) refrigerator drips about 1 oz of water after the ice cubes are ejected. Water comes from the front right corner of the icemaker. It seems to stop after an ounce or a little more has leaked into the ice bin. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What do you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.... it has been leaking for about two weeks. I've been working around it by putting a measuring cup in the front left side of the bin but usually shut of the icemaker by flipping the on/off control up between making batches of ice.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?