Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dishes are not clean--suspect insufficient water pressure

Customer Question

Dishes are not clean--suspect insufficient water pressure for the spray arms.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

If you think the water pressure is too low, first make sure it's filling up with enough water to cover the floor inside the tub. If so, then empty the dishwasher and place 4 cups facing upright in the upper rack (one in each corner). Start a cycle and let it finish. If the glasses don't fill up with water, then the impeller will need to be replaced on the circulation pump because it's been re-designed due to the seal and bearing creating too much resistance as it gets older preventing the circulation pump to spin up to speed.

On the other hand, if the dishwasher washes and the cups do fill up with water, it means that your dishwasher isn't heating the water properly which is another common issue with this dishwasher and the control board would need to be replaced to resolve that issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.