Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My upright freezer has a temperature control panel on the

Customer Question

My upright freezer has a temperature control panel on the outside front door it also advises when the door is ajar today it started blinking a very fast red light even after unplugging it still flashes, everything inside is froze solid like it should be. The freezer is in a building with no heat and the temperature was 0 last night would this have anything to do with this or is it something else.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

The freezer being in a building with no heat wouldn't cause this problem, the electronics are just beginning to fail. If you unplugging the unit for 60 seconds and the board didn't reset and work properly, it means your your electronic display board just needs to be ordered and replaced so below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model. The part is all plug an display so if you're handy you can definitely replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.