Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I was just using my kitchen aid mixer to grind meat and it

Customer Question

i was just using my kitchen aid mixer to grind meat and it started to overheat..
it wasn't spinning freely so i thought maybe i should try to take it apart and see what was happening. i took the motor cover off and put it back on - i was trying to get to the front where it spins. now the motor isnt even running at all! i also removed the side screws with the springs, hoping to open the top, but i did not get anywhere, so put them back in. i don't know why the motor won't run at all now- i don't what i did that caused the motor to stop altogether. i was grinding meat last night and it overheated, i let it be and it worked again this morning. i just dont think i was grinding too much, i really think the initial overheating was because something needs lubricating, but now i seem to have made things worse! any ideas why the motor wont run at all?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Are you sure you put the brushes back in the correct way they can only go in one way or it will not run.