Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I replaced the water filter, I tried to reset the filter and

Customer Question

I replaced the water filter, I tried to reset the filter and the light does not go off and the water and Ice do not run through the dispenser and the control lock also flashes. How do I release the control hold and reset the filter change light. It tells me to hold for 3 sec. but nothing happens.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So first, your control lock is engaged which is why it's flashing and why you can't reset the filter. Try to press and hold the control lock button for 5 seconds first to unlock the control panel. Then press and hold the filter button for 5 seconds. If that doesn't work, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that still doesn't work, then you need to replace the dispenser control board because it has just failed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.