Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The bottom freezer on the refrigerator does not defrost. It

Customer Question

the bottom freezer on the refrigerator does not defrost. It is full of frost.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for using JA! If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner.

Give me just a minute and I will be right with you I am working on your answer now please be patient as I may have to look up part numbers and or refer the service manual to give you the most informative answer possible depending on your question.

Keep in mind we are on the honor system for our time so I ask that you take the time to give me a rating by clicking on the 5 star rating system before you leave today. Once I have answered your question, you will see the rating system please use it. If you agree to this please acknowledge and thank you for your cooperation.

if the ice build up is located any other place than on the back freezer panel , for instance you are saying there is ice built up on the drawer etc; this is indicative of the freezer door being left open, as the outside air enters the freezer it freezes the moisture in the air causing ice to form in different areas of the freezer not just at the back panel, so that would not be a defrost issue but an issue where the freezer door was left open and the defrost system is not made to defrost the ice that is built up in those areas so the only way to get rid of that ice build up is going to be to turn the unit off, open the freezer door until all the ice thaws in the freezer, if you would like to speed that process up put a box fan or fan of some type in front of the freezer the airflow will help to thaw it quicker, once the ice is melted plug the unit back in and you should not have any more problems, just make sure that the freezer is being closed properly.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.