John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I'm ***** *****. I'm looking about a Whirlpool washer

Customer Question

Customer: Hi! I'm ***** *****. I'm looking for answers about a Whirlpool washer WTW4950XW2
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I did one load of laundry with no problem. Went to do the next one and found that it had filled with water and stopped. The sensing light was on and the lid was locked. I pressed and held the lid lock button for 3 seconds, opened the lid, closed it again and hit the button to turn it back on again. It just sits there with a low hum.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I saw your information about the diagnostic codes and was trying to figure out if that applied to my model or not.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. There is a way to get the codes for you washer but there is something that is easy to check first. Your washer has a belt and pulley at the bottom above a plastic shield. Can you tip the washer back to see if the pulley came loose?

Do you still need help?