Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Bought this washer used. It appears to do most of the things

Customer Question

Bought this washer used. It appears to do most of the things it should: Fill, Agitate, Spin, but it seems that the only time it drains is when it is on High Spin at the end of the wash. Then water gushes out just fine. I tested the spin function by moving the timer dial foreward.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can you better explain your issue ?

Are you saying that it does not spin at the end of the wash mode but that it will spin at the end of the rinse mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What it does is:
Fill; Agitate; STOP.By pushing in the timer button, rotating the timer, pulling out the timer button, I have found that it will fill and agitate rinse cycle too, and at the end of the wash it will spin and drain at the same time, but as stated above it STOPS after the wash cycle agitation and does not drain.

Thank you .

You have a dead spot in the timer. the timer will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo10/PartDetail/Timer/8542050/1018725?ss=c13-x736177782036356f6a7130&mr=1?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.