Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have an electric jenn-air range. I'm wondering why every

Customer Question

I have an electric jenn-air range. I'm wondering why every time I try to bake food takes a lot longer to cook and why does it lose oven heat even when I have preheated the over prior to baking. I have to constantly check temp by resetting the oven and there is a big difference from preheated temp to actual temp... What normally would take an hour ends up in oven for almost two....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 10 months ago.

Hello, the first thing you want to check is that the bake & broil element are actually working. If both are in fact working, the sensor would be the culprit.

On the back wall of the oven is a small sensor. It tells the computer when to send power to the elements so they keep an accurate temp. The sensor should have a resistance reading of 1080 ohms at room temp. If the sensor does test good, the board would be faulty. I work on the honor system here at Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your page. Thanks