Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

We have a 2013 Samsung RFG297HD refrigerator that started to

Customer Question

we have a 2013 Samsung RFG297HD refrigerator that started to make an intermittent heavy humming noise that seems to come from the top right hand, back side of the cabinet. It sounds like it is mechanical in nature like a pump or compressor. Any suggestions? thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, that would indicate an issue with the evaporator fan motor. The bearing in the fan could be going bad. That's the only component in that area of this unit. if you're extremely handy, you can make the repair. The inside back panel would need to removed to access the fan motor. I work on the honor system here at Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your page. Thanks