Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE SMOKE STAIN IN THE EXTERIOR OF THE

Customer Question

HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE BROWN SMOKE STAIN IN THE EXTERIOR OF THE OVEN AFTER SELF CLEANING CYCLE?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. On porcelain areas you could use oven cleaner like Easy Off but it is best to start with some that is not as harsh. Magic Erasers work well for most areas and will work even on painted surfaces unless the paint is burned. Bar Keepers friend is more abrasive it that doesn't work. These product will work on areas past the gasket that get brown with a little rubbing. Let me know if you need any more information finding these products.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This does not work. The yellow orange stain remains. I tried using bleach, it works slightly better.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Magic Eraser works slightly better, but stain is still there even with lots of elbow grease. That solution is on the web with out cost.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot remove the stain, it is only slightly smaller. I am dissatisfied and would like my money back. I definitely do not want to subscribe to your service. Please send my $28.00 back to Pay Pal