Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Electrolux fridge is Model EI236C35KS3. (French door,

Customer Question

My Electrolux fridge is Model EI236C35KS3.
(French door, bottom freezer.)
First problem symptom is the auger for the top ice maker stopped working.
Still produces ice, but wont dispense it.
Bottom ice maker shortly thereafter quit producing ice at all.
(Tried applying heat to both units, thinking possible lockup due to 'defrost' element failure. Didn't help.)
If the water supply was the problem, the top maker wouldn't produce ice. Had this fridge a couple of years now. Hope it wasn't a bad purchase!
Thanks for your help in advance, Mike
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The ice makers use separate valves, so you may have a faulty valve for the lower one. The easiest way to diagnose it is to manually fill the ice maker and if it drops cubes but does not fill back up, the water supply is the issue. As for the auger not working, the most likely to be faulty is a connector from the board or a wire loose. Do you hear the motor humming or buzzing at all or is it totally silent?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Kelly,
Sorry things turned out as they did. Not your fault, but I got service elsewhere before I heard anything from you, as you can see from the 'JustAnswer' response. (Also problem wasn't what you suggested later.)From JustAnswer:
Sorry! We feel a little sheepish
You came to us with a Appliance question, and while we tried to find the right Appliance Technician for you, it seems we came up short. Please know that we hate sending this email – we’re all about answers here at JustAnswer (it’s even in our name!) and unfortunately we couldn’t help find one for you this time
To make up for it, we'd like to offer you a $10 off discount for your next question. So go ahead, give us another chance and ask another question!
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Sorry to have wasted your time. My only intention was to help.