MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have an old Dacor RV30 downdraft unit that won't raise up.

Customer Question

I have an old Dacor RV30 downdraft unit that won't raise up. I had the control pad circuit board replaced in the past when this happened by an appliance repair shop. This time I would like to change it myself. However, I can't see how to remove the end caps to get at the board. I don't see any screws and am afraid to apply force to pull the caps off. What am I missing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 10 months ago.

You need to pull the hood up and undo the screws on the ends that you will see to release the top trim piece. You will have to have someone hold it up while you do this.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can only raise it about 1 inch. I removed the end caps but do not see any screws to take of the top trim piece

This will be more involved then if you cannot pull it up more than an inch. The only way I would continue this is live on the phone because of the time and detail involved. It would not be a wise use of my time to type it all out.

Let me know if you want a call; it would be another $15 for that.

I would be available later today for that.