MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My jenn air svd48600B range trips the circuit breaker when

Customer Question

My jenn air svd48600B range trips the circuit breaker when it is not being used. I replaced the doublepole 30 amp breaker yesterday. The range came on and the cooktop burners ignited. We did not try the oven, assuming that the breaker was the problem. This morning, the display was blank again. I turned the breaker off, waited thirty seconds, and tried to reset it. It tripped immediately. I purchased this unit in 2002 and it has been on the same 30 amp breaker the entire time until I changed it out yesterday. The circuit is dedicated to this range.
Stan Chapman
mobile, alabama
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 10 months ago.

There is either a short in the range or in the wiring to it. Disconnect it and see if the breaker still trips or not and then focus your attention to where the issue is based on what happens. A short can be anywhere, so you will simply need to look at everything on the range should if that should be where the short is and correct the problem accordingly. There is no magic answer here and the problem should not be hard to find as a short is a pretty obvious problem that you can actually see evidence of.