MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Washing machine will not spin

Customer Question

Washing machine will not spin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 10 months ago.

What is happening when it should be spinning?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It stops working and the spin light starts blinking

Does it drain?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it will go through the entire cycle but will not spin

The flashing spin light means the lid lock was not recognized, so since you replaced it then the only 2 explanations left are a broken wire between it and the board or a bad board. So, check the wires and connections and you will know what to do next based on the result. I doubt you got a bad switch since the problem remains the same.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had a technician also tell me that it could be the run capacitor is that possible

No, the motor would not run at all then. My answer is unchanged.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay you said broken wire, I'm not sure what the part name is ***** ***** are two wires that come off the lid lock mechanism that when the lid is shut the magnet connect to that could that piece possibly be bad I did see on the YouTube video where somebody had replace that piece
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Or could that piece even have anything to do with it not spinning

This washer does not use a magnet to actuate the latch because the lock mechanism locks it closed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay so what does that part do then that it would need to be replaced

It is not recognizing the lid lock actions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay so there is no chance that that could be the problem is it, just asking before I spend a 140.00 and find out the board was not bad.

Buy the part from a place that allows returns like repairclinic.com. Sometimes something that should be 100% accurate is not for a variety of reasons- that is simply the way appliances can be. If everything were so easy then everyone would be fixing appliances.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I didn't ask for a smart answer I just asked a simple question expecting to get an answer with not such a snide remark!!! Have a great day Sir.

There was nothing snide here, just a general remark that you obviously took the wrong way.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No sure didn't and the problem of s you did answer the question I asked about the other part Sir. Cause if is not registering the lid lock in that could be a problem and why won't spin, correct?

yes

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay, so the diagram does not give me a name of what that part is called by chance do you know what it would be called so I can see if I can order that part also

It's the electronic control board which is behind the slanted panel between the washer and dryer. It is the ONLY board on this.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was actually talking about the part that call read the magnet on the door when it's closed there's two wires coming off of it and it's right next to the Lock lid mechanism on the base of the machine

That is the lid switch and you can easily test it by seeing if the circuit opens and closes as you lift the lid. The lid lock is the part you replaced.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did replace that part but there is another part next to the lid lock that has two wires coming off of it and when you close the door the magnet touches it, do you know what that part is called?

That is the lid switch and I have hardly ever seen them fail.

part# ***** ***** WH12X10334 and you will NOT need it because the washer would not agitate if it were not working.

I will be away for a while, but I believe you now have the answers to everything you needed, so I would appreciate a rating for the help as that is the only way I get paid here. thanks

Don't replace anything until you have tested as I suggested and made sure that the part is indeed no good.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Good evening sir, and order the board and installed it today and it did not fix my problem, the machine still will it do a spin cycle

Did you see if you had continuity between the wiring to lid lock and to the control board?