John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a dish washer that isnt functioning. I got it

Customer Question

I have a dish washer that isnt functioning. I got it secondhand, so I dont know if it ever functioned. I need someone to walk me through how to check to see if its getting power and proper voltage...how to check the door switch, and or ultimately the board (s). Its a nice unit, I'd like to keep it if I can track down the problem and get it handled relatively inexpensively. I had what I THOUGHT was the proper model number, but its not valid so if you point me in the right direction I can get the model number off the unit for ya no problem. I tip well for quick and ACCURATE service, thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is on the tub behind the door, usually in the upper LH corner.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sure thing, I completely understand. I tip well for fast and accurate service, I have a voltmeter ready and a good working knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting flow. I USUALLY have good luck on this site, but lately and specifically on THIS project, I have had bad luck so far. I have access to wholesalers for whatever parts I need. model number, I THINK is W10199645. If that doesnt' seem right, I will look closer and find the one you need.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The model number should look like MDB1234ABC1. The tag is almost always in the upper left area of the tub unless it is a Whirlpool design, then it is on the left side of the tub, in front of the door gasket.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

mdb7749aws1

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

sorry,mdb7749awm1

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Do you have power to the dishwasher? If so, there is a fuse that is mounted to the control, shown as number 6 in the diagram at the link below. Is that fuse open?

CLICK HERE