Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 1 and nothing is working

Customer Question

i have a whirlpool quiet partner 1 and nothing is working the lights or the machine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Ok if nothing is working check the wall switch make sure it is on, if that is on check the power at the junction box under the unit and make sure nothing is burned and you have 120 volts to the unit. If that is ok you need to check the thermal fuse on the control board on the unit, it may be burned out.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do I check the thermal fuse?

You need to take the screws out of the inner panel to separate it and get to the board and the fuse is clipped to the edge of the board with two wires going to it. Then you need to get a meter and check it for continuity or jumper the two wires together and see if it turns on.