Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher. When I select a wash mode,

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher. When I select a wash mode, it washes for about 5 minutes and then errors out. The add dish and washing lights blink continually until the start button is pressed, then it repeats the last cycle and then blinks again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The add a dish and the washing light are not actual error codes .

Any actual error codes that the unit would have stored would show up as the clean light blinking a a pre set amount of times then a short pause and blinking another preset amount of times.

Your blinking light mean that you have a stuck key on the console.

And the console /control panel will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo10/PartDetail/Panel-Cntl/W10537418/3021488?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

And here is how to put your unit into diagnostics if you ever need it .

To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform the following while in standby:

■ Press Start key to wake up control panel.

■ Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses.

■ The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

■ To rapid advance 1 interval at a time, press the Start/Resume key. Rapid advance may skip sensor checks as some checks require 2 complete intervals.

NOTE: While you are in the Diagnostic Cycle, the Start/Resume feature is turned off (for example, Auto Resume after door interrupts) and the Start/Resume key becomes an individual advance key. ■

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried what was suggested and there is no difference. This did not help.

ok the only thing I suggested was to replace the part that needs replacing!

I just sent you the way to enter diagnostics so you would have it for future reference.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The control panel and mother board were replaced last week. This is not the issue.

What is the part numbers for the control panel and for the control board that were replaced ?

And do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it to be able to do any testing?

And if parts were just replaced that might have been a good idea to have added that in your FIRST posting !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm sorry I don't. I had a technician install as I have had a warranty call with Whirlpool Canada since May 15th of 2015. As there is a shortage of technicians in Saskatchewan, it took that long to have the parts replaced.

They did not leave you a receipt with the part numbers of the part that they installed in it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was at work when he was there replacing them. He left the old parts there and my husband disposed of them.

Ok so you do not have the part numbers of the parts that were installed !

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter to be able to do any testing?

and you are 100% sure that they replaced the control panel / console that has the buttons and writing on it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will double check with the technician that replaced the parts.No I do not own a voltmeter. I could possibly borrow one from someone locally.And also, there is no need to get snarky, as I am just seeking out answers to find out what is wrong with the dishwasher. I am only one person, not perfect and a repair person.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a repair person is what I meant.

were do you fell I was as you say Snarky?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I felt it in your punctuation marks. When you implied that I was ignorant with the fact that I didn't get a receipt, and blatantly threw away the parts and didn't know the part numbers.

this is just a copy and a paste of that post I see NO punctuation marks at all.

(They did not leave you a receipt with the part numbers of the part that they installed in it?)

I hope the paraphrases did not offend you.

In fact I will just opt out and see if anyone else helps you ,have a Great day!!!!!

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am a different tech do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am currently trying to get the part numbers of the new parts that were installed last Thursday. Also trying to find a voltmeter. Once I get those, I will be in contact.

Ok sounds good