Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

My GE electric stove top is locked and I turned breaker off

Customer Question

My GE electric stove top is locked and I turned breaker off and it reset and said to wait but locked light is still on and it's licked
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** i will be doing my best to assist you with your problem please dont forget to rate me on my service thanks in advance . Ok this happens alot on ge stoves the door lock mechanism will jam one common this is to push in on the door while pressing cancel on the board sometimes it will retract the lock mechanism ,next if that doesnt work the you will need to have that lock replaced on this stove,if you will provide me with a model number some stoves have a latch you can unlock from behind the stove. I await your response.