John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Name: Vicki. After removing the top and finding nothing

Customer Question

Customer: Name: Vicki. After removing the top and finding nothing wrong visibly, I turned the machine onto its side. When I rotated the motor using the belt in a clockwise direction, there is a scraping noise. Can't tell if the noise is coming from the motor or the pump. I s'pose if I disconnect the belt that would pin it down. Either way, should I ditch the machine or is it worth replacing the motor or pump?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The machine makes a very obnoxious noise when in the spin cycle. The noise is minimal when in wash cycle. But so far everything still works.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I`m assuming a clothes washer but not 100% sure.