Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

How do I replace the light switch on my Whirlpool Gold

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** *****, how do I replace the light switch on my Whirlpool Gold refrigerator. It looks like a little white switch? Thank you Sir.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The light flash and makes a buzzing sound when I open the door only on the refrigerator side.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Model /Serial tag is on the interior fresh food section right hand wall near the top

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MOD GS5SHAXNL00

Thank you!

Take a small flat bladed screw driver and get up under the switch lip and pry it out of the liner/ceiling , it may be stuck and will need some force to break it loose.

On this model I doubt that the issue is the door switch itself.

This design is well know for the main control board relay making the lights flicker when the door is opened .

The main control board is mounted under the unit in the rear of the unit.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo10/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10135090/1394052?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time