Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a model gss25gfxjww side by side fridge it does not

Customer Question

i have a model gss25gfxjww side by side fridge it does not auger out ice the motor works when i jump it out of freezer could it be control board the ice chute opens water dispenser word fine and the light works
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the auger works when you apply power but it won't run when you push the dispenser paddle, you just have a faulty control board since the same paddle is used for both ice and water and water still works. The control board in question is the main control board on the back of the refrigerator since that is what sends power up to the auger motor so below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for auger motor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.