Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bob... I have a LG Fridge model LFC20786ST with the lower

Customer Question

Hello Bob... I have a LG Fridge model LFC20786ST with the lower drawer freezer. This unit has the ice maker mounted to the upper part of the freezer. The issue is that the water inlet tube freezes after several days. the ice maker is cycling properly and dispenses ice until that inlet tub freezes. The inlet tube is not like a standard ice maker entering in from the rear and then immediately dispensing water into the ice tray. The inlet tube is very long and runs between the upper fridge and lower freezer to the front of the freezer drawer. The freeze up is always at the elbow that just above the ice tray unit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The fill tube freezes for one of two reasons. Either your electronic water valve isn't sealing off properly so it's causing water to drip through very slowly which freezes the tube shut, or the water pressure going to the entire refrigerator is too low causing the water to freeze partially each time the icemaker fills up. Make sure the water pressure to the refrigerator is good and if so the electronic water valve on the back of your refrigerator where the water supply line from your house connects to the refrigerator itself will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.