Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

, I have a whirlpool Cabrio WED6600VW0 dryer. The

Customer Question

Customer: hello I'm Gar
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a whirlpool Cabrio WED6600VW0 dryer. The lights come on pushing button does not start. The error code F24 shows in diagnostics. I replaced the thermal fuse, thermistor, heat element and inlet thermistor. Code still shows and dryer does the same thing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Does the F-24 come up on the display when you try to start or did you get that running diagnostics? That code is for the inlet thermistor. Let me know and then we will do testing if you have a meter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
came up running diagnostics

Okay, that might be an old code. Do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before we start does the door switch lever get pushed in by the door when it closes and does it click?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does and there is a clicking, also the drum light goes on and off when I open the door

Okay, see what you get at the control from the P9-1 blue wire to the P8-3 white wire when you press start. Should be 120 volts a/c

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't know where those wires are

Those are at the control. They are the output to the motor. This would show if the problem is the control or something else. Is the belt intact? There is a broken belt switch in series with the motor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it looks like 120 is there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't know where the broken belt switch is don't see a BELT

When you press start is there any humming?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no humming when u push button it beeps there is a click the second or two later another click that's it

If you don't see a belt going around the drum you just found the problem. Can you see a line going around the drum near the middle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no belt going around the drum. there is a silver line where there should be a belt ? how big of a pain is it to put on a belt?

Let me look. I think I can send you a link to a video and the part number.

Here you go. You should be able to do this without any problems. Best wishes. Belt replacement video link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks

You are welcome!