Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kitchen Aid under counter ice maker, Model

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid under counter ice maker, Model KUIC15NHZS. I installed a new filter and since the ice maker makes too much ice and fills up the bin and keeps working. Is there some type of shutoff device that is not working? What do you recommend
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

The only thing that would cause the ice to continue making ice when it should shut off is the bin thermistor if it has failed. If you look inside the ice bin area, on the left side there is a white tube looking sensor mounted about half way up the wall. This is your bin thermistor and you'll need to replace it. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for bin thermistor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.