Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire FPGF3081KF I have a Frigidaire stove the oven is

Customer Question

Frigidaire FPGF3081KF
I have a Frigidaire stove the oven is shooting flame up inside oven creating soot. Inside coal black Had the oven exploded when I opened door to check on food. Putting out too much LP
And ignited when I happened to open door. In emergency room 7 hours.
Have converted from gas to LP. tighten down orifice, changed gas pressure valve to LP
Replaced gas pressure valve.. Replaced safety valve, Had gas company check line pressure 11-12 water, good.
I never been able to adjust for a blue flame since it was new, was not as bad at first has gotten worse over time. started to change parts after it exploded. No change.
Thought maybe orifice opening to large , opening size is .048. Orifice is screwed down tight. The star under orifice is touching.
Dennis
Plz hlp ty ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So most likely the orifice isn't tighten down as far as it can be. I know you say that it is, but I have been to a number of houses that say the same thing and the fact is that even 1/8 of a turn can be the difference between being converted to LP and NG. If you haven't tightened it down to the point that it stripped out, then you still have more room to keep trying. The only other than that could have caused the issue is the pressure valve which you replaced which means that your orifice is just not tightened enough or the orifice needs to be replaced because it's not working properly so it wouldn't matter if it stripped out or not anyways.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.