Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** ***** and the LG Range is LRE30453ST and I

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and the LG Range is LRE30453ST and I have an F7 error code, how can I clear it and what do I need to buy.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The oven does not heat up and produces an F7 error code.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F7 means that your oven isn't heating properly. First you'd want to test the temperature sensor. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise make sure the oven is getting 220 volts from your house to the terminal block on the back of the oven and if that checks good, test continuity through the bake element. If the element has continuity, your main control board is just faulty and would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.