Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Just replaced my ice maker, water is leaking out of the ice

Customer Question

Just replaced my ice maker, water is leaking out of the ice dispenser hole. Samsung rs2530 series
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

If you have water dripping out of the dispenser and you have dispensed a bunch of water to try to remove the air but that didn't work---your electronic water valve isn't sealing off properly and the electronic water valve will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the dual water valve you'd need to order and replace to resolve the issue. The valve is the part on the back of your refrigerator that the water supply hose from your house connects to. Be sure to unplug the refrigerator and turn the water off before replacing the part.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will purchase and replace Tyler. Keep you posted on how it turns out. Thank you for the prompt response

Alright sounds good. Good luck!