Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

We have a Kenmore Elite Washer, Model # 796.29272000 Once

Customer Question

We have a Kenmore Elite Washer, Model # *****
Once about a year ago, the main circuit board fried for some unknown reason. I ordered a new one, replaced it, and the washer worked fine again. About 4 months ago the washer died again for some unknown reason. Of course it died when there was a load of wet clothes in it again and this time due to my patience running thin, I just jerked the lid open to get the wet clothes out. In doing this, the little plastic latch broke which I am suspicious of why this time when I replaced the main circuit board, the machine will still not power up and run.
Is there something else I may be missing? I checked the part that looks like a surge arrestor where the 120V ac supply comes in, and I have 120 volts leaving that component, so I'm wondering what else it could be.
AJ
Tracy, Ca.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 10 months ago.

Hello, a faulty lid lock would not stop the control from coming on. You have a bad control and need to replace the lock.