Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a problem with my Whirlpool dryer. It only fire up

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have a problem with my Whirlpool dryer. It only fire up about 30 minutes left into the timed dry cycle. is it the igniter or a bad control dial?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the ignition only turns on after 30 minutes, this means that your contact inside the timer isn't telling the burner to turn on. Over time the plastic cog inside the timer wears down and it stops making good contact. As time goes on, the heater won't turn on until later and later in the cycle. The timer will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue so below is a link to the timer you'd need to order for your model number. Unfortunately it's about $120.

CLICK HERE for timer

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?