John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

GE microwave model JES1288SH01 has a beep occurring about

Customer Question

Customer: GE microwave model JES1288SH01 has a beep occurring about every minute. I have it unplugged, still beeping.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Finished heating some drinks, and after all was cleared, it started this beep. Made sure all options were cleared and that it wasn't something else, finally unplugged it and it is still giving a beep that is similar to when something is done and you need to open door, except we did all of that. Have had this since 2004, never had this problem so a little confused.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I managed to get the beep stopped, it appeared to be the way a sensor was responding, took a while but I got it fixed.
Thank you anyway, please remove the charge from the card.
***** ********