John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Maytag Series 2000 washer. It was purchased in mid

Customer Question

We have a Maytag Series 2000 washer. It was purchased in mid 2012. Until recently it performed very well. The first problem we encountered was that it would not spin at extra high speed. It would spin quite slowly and clothing would come out soaking wet. For a while, we would set the spin at high speed and it would work. Most recently, high speed consistently spins slowly with poor results.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Have you checked for error codes on the unit?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No error codes have been displayed. Actually don't know where they would be displayed. If it requires diagnostic equipment, as a user, I wouldn't have it.
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

Here is how to get into diagnostics

Look at diagram

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
After the sequence to get into diagnostics, the display showed "88"
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

After the 88 do what is in this diagram

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hope I'm doing this right. After the sequence to enter the diagnostic mode, I pushed the 3rd key. Each press of the 3rd key toggles the display between 88 and 75. I have not unplugged and replugged the washer as yet.
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

press the second button

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It doesn't seem as though we have entered a diagnostic mode. The display is only numbers and seems consistent with the wash time remaining after toggling features like "prewash" or "2nd rinse" on and off.
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

get the 88 on the screen again then press the second button

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There are four buttons just to the left of the minutes remaining display. The three bottom buttons are (from bottom up because that is the 1, 2, 3 order I'm am pressing): 1=cycle signal; 2=prewash; 3=2nd rinse. When the power is turned on and the wash is set for normal. The display reads "59". When I press button 1, it toggles on the cycle signal. The display reads "59". When I press button 2, it toggles on prewash. The display reads "75". When I press button 3, it toggles on 2nd rinse. Display reads "88". Second pass. Press button 1, it toggles cycle signal off. Display reads "88". Press button 2, it toggles prewash off. Display reads "72". Press button 3, it toggles 2nd rinse off. Display reads "59". Third pass. Press button 1, t toggles on the cycle signal. Display reads "59". Press button 2, it toggles prewash on. Display reads "75". Press button 3, it toggles 2nd rinse on. Display reads "88". All buttons were pressed in less than 8 seconds. At this point, we are supposedly in diagnostic mode. I press button 2 to get an error code, prewash toggles off and the display reads "72".I don't believe we ever entered diagnostic mode. If I try a different sequence for 1, 2, 3, I get a completely display (3H).
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

The one time you got the 88 on the screen, how did you do that???????

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I got 88 on the screen twice during the 1, 2, 3 button sequence. Read my previous response. The 3rd button in the first pass and the 3rd button on the third pass both showed "88". Pressing button 2 to get an error code toggles off the prewash and the display reads "72". Different 1, 2, 3 button sequences do not display "88". I don't believe we ever got into the diagnostic mode.
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

Still have not heard back..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please read the last two responses.