Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch dishwasher that seems to go through

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher that seems to go through cycles. It will wash beautifully for a long time then it gets into a cycle where there is a whiter residue left on the dishes especially on the left side. It also forms on the door of the dish washer. Is there a way to clean the filters thoroughly or should that not be my problem. They don't seem to be terribly dirty and I have cleaned them as best I can. We use Cascade Complete. My wife uses the tabs but I like the boxed detergent better. I have not seen anything in the arms of the dishwasher however I have not taken them apart. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank-you, Gary ******* ********************** ***-***-****

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So to start, run an empty cycle with a product call Dishwasher Magic which you can pick up at your local Lowes store. That will clean out all the residue in the tub as well as clean all your filter and water lines in the dishwasher. Once the dishwasher is clean, make sure you use Jet Dry Turbo. Bosch dishwashers don't have an active dry system, they use a heated dry system so this type of Jet Dry really does an incredible job rinsing the dishes properly as well as the tub so white residue doesn't build up in the future and the dishes come out more dry.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?