Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

I have a maytagMVWC400XW3 that will not start

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 10 months ago.

Any flashing lights?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When starting a load, sense light comes on , door locke, I hear solenoids or motor try to run. Then lid comes ublocked and then lid locked starts blinking
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
On trying to cancel sensing light turns off, then lid lock continues blinking

Does the lid lock?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it remains locked with the lid light flashing, even after trying to cancel. Only way to get door open is unplug

Okay seems there is a fault within the latch assembly or control board not detecting the door is locked. I would start with replacing the latch assembly.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK it finally unlocked the light turned off

Try it again. If the same thing then the latch or control board is at fault.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I found the service tech book and ran the selftest. After that I was trying to look at the codes but I started a cycle instead. It is running now. I'm going to let it run un til it finishes or stops

Okay not a problem if you need more help just post back here and please remember to rate me.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tested out the door latch and it seemed good buy I went ahead and replaced it. I ranthe automatic test and it did the door lock and water valves ok, then hung up on the shifter to agitator. I went to manual mode and it would not on the low or high adjitator.Could it be the shifter asswmbly?

Yes it could possibly be the shift actuator

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I checked out the shift assembly completely and it was good. Check the motor capacitor and it was good too. I pulled the belt guard and found the drum shaft pulley was a little loose and the belt was rubbing against the guard. I tightened the pulley and it gave clearance to the guard. I put everything back together and it tested ok in manual mode for spin cycles and agitator.I beleive this fixed the problem.

Glad to hear that. If you have anymore problems post back here.