Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag washer (MCT direct drive maxima). It stopped

Customer Question

I have a Maytag washer (MCT direct drive maxima). It stopped working and is only 1yr old. It will light up on a cycle and lock the door but not start washing. Can I reset it??!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

First, the only reset is to unplug the washer for 5 minutes. If you let it just sit there, give it 30 minutes and an error should appear on the display. if no error appears, then you have a bad control board since the door is locking so the unit should start. If you get an error code, it will be something like F01 E08. Can you tell me what error appears on the screen if you get an error?

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?