Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a home cleaning service. A customer says we ruined

Customer Question

I have a home cleaning service. A customer says we ruined the grates on her new Thermador cooktop. Dozens of tiny silvery spots and a few white splotchy areas. We only used a mild degreaser, a little BonAmi and a dobie pad to clean these grates. Did we do something wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

No they just need to be scrubbed off, they are just cast iron grates you did not ruin them. They will clean right up.

Here is a link to clean them up

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you sure this will help? The tiny silvery spots look like specks of metal maybe from aluminum clad cookware. Is that possible?

It is possibly but it should all clean off they are just cast iron grates. Just follow that cleaning method and the spots should go away without issue.

CLICK HERE