Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a prpblem with my microvave it shuts off after

Customer Question

I have a prpblem with my microvave it shuts off after running just one or two secounds
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Since you can reset the issue by unplugging the unit and waiting 10 minutes, this means that either the display board is failing or microwaves are escaping and confusing the control board. You can try replacing the control board and that will usually fix the problem as many times control boards become less resilient to microwaves, but it's better to try something else first. Place a sheet of aluminum foil inside a sandwich plastic bag and place it BEHIND the control panel between all internal components and the control board itself this will stop enough of the microwaves from interfering with the control board. If that works, then you know that you need to replace the magnetron because microwaves are leaking from the magnetron. If it doesn't work, then you know the display board just needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?