John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I haven't used this site before and not sure how it works,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. I haven't used this site before and not sure how it works, but: We have a Bosch SHV4300 series dishwasher. It doesn't seem to be advancing to rinse/dry cycle. The owners manual says to try cleaning the intake filter. I'm not sure where the intake filter is. I have tried taking out the filters in the bottom of the machine and cleaning that area.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The first thing we noticed was that the machine didn't seem to be draining. We've had that problem before and I took out the filters in the bottom of the machine, cleaned the area around the impeller of any food debris, and that seemed to do it. This time I did the same things. I checked to see that water was being pumped through by taking the top off the air gap; water came through the tube of the air gap. But we think the machine is not getting to rinse cycle. The dishes seem to have a soapy residue and the high heat of the dry cycle doesn't come on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

First question - when you start the dishwasher does it pump out the water in the sump of the wash cavity ie below the filters?